The DuraTech 2009 industrial tub grinders are built to grind and built to last.
Made to grind or regrind, the DuraTech 3309 series of industrial tub grinders are the most economical grinders on the market. With a diesel engine, a self-adjusting HPTO microprocessor-controlled clutch, enclosed engine compartment with a self-cleaning air intake system, it’s efficient and affordable. The track powered unit is for those hard to get to grinding sites. The DuraTech 3309 industrial tub grinders are built to grind and built to last.
Rotary Self-cleaning Screen W/ Enclosed Engine Compartment
The self cleaning screen combined with the enclosed engine compartment reduces maintenance and noise, and provides for flexible positioning of the grinder. The door on the screener and the three doors per side on the engine compartment provide easy access to the radiator, oil coolers and engine for servicing.
Command Console With Remote Control
The Model 2009 Command Console features master engine controls, gauges, and shutoff. Also included on the command console are electric over hydraulic controls for the clutch, governor, and stacking conveyor. The optional 6 function Remote controls; engine stop, tub rotation, stacking conveyor and optional tub cover.
325 Hp C9 Caterpillar Electronic Diesel Engine W/ Enclosed Engine Compartment
The 2009 is powered by a 325 HP (242.4 kW) C9 Caterpillar Electronic diesel engine that meets EPA Tier III Standards, has the lowest decibel reading in its class, and is backed up by Caterpillar’s superior service and reliability. The engine is housed in an enclosed engine compartment to protect the engine from debris, and further reduce noise levels.
PT-Tech HPTO-12 Clutch
The Model 2009 industrial tub grinder is equipped with a self adjusting PT-TECH HPTO-12 clutch. This clutch is microprocessor controlled with a built-in torque limiter and brake that provide superior protection for the engine and drive line.
Single Drive Orbit Motor Drives The Tub
Utilizing a Heavy Duty 120H Drive Chain, a Continuous Chain Sprocket around the tub, and Dual Spring Adjustable Chain Tension, the tub is driven by a Single Orbit Motor. Tub Speed is controlled by the electronic governor.
The Model 2009 industrial tub grinder is equipped with a 40” (101.43 cm) rotor mounted on a 4-1/2” (11.43 cm) shaft with 3-1/2” (8.89 cm) greasable bearings. The dynamically balanced rotor may be used with either 20 fixed hammers or 36 swinging hammers.
30" Wide Belly Belt
30" Wide Impact Resistant Belly Belt carries the finished product to the stacking conveyor.
24” Wide By 21’ 6” Long Top Drive Stacking Conveyor
The 24” (60.96 cm) Wide by 21’ 6” (6.6 m) Long Top Drive Stacking Conveyor allows the operator to load material into a truck or onto an existing pile. An optional Magnetic Roller and Aluminum Chute removes ferrous metal from the finished product.
Find a DuraTech Dealer
- 40” (101.6 cm) Rotor Mounted on 4 1/2” (11.43 cm) Shaft with 3 1/2” (8.89 cm) Oil Bath Bearings
- 18 Fixed and 36 Swinging Hammers
- Dynamically Balanced 1” (2.54 cm) Thick Screens in Various Sizes
- PT-TECH HPTO-12 Clutch that is Self-Adjusting, Microprocessor Controlled, and has a Built in Torque Limiter and Brake
- Superior Protection for Engine and Drive Line
- 325 HP (242.4 kw) C9 Caterpillar Electronic Diesel Engine with reliable CAT service and easy access to engine
- Meets EPA Tier III Standards
- Lowest Decibel Reading in its class
- Enclosed Engine Protects Engine from Grinding Debris
- Enclosed engine compartment with self-cleaning air intake system.
- The enclosed engine compartment reduces engine noise and reduces maintenance
- Allows easy access to the engine from both sides.
- The self-cleaning air intake system provides constant clean air to the radiator and the engine.
- Single drive orbit motor drives the tub
- Governor controlled tub speed
- Heavy-duty 120H drive chain
- Spring adjustable chain tension
- Continuous chain sprocket around tub
- Command console with optional remote control
- Master engine controls, gauges and shutoff
- Electric over hydraulic controls for: clutch, governor and stacking conveyor
- Optional 6 function remote controls: engine stop, tub rotation, stacking conveyor and optional tub cover
- 30” (76.2 cm) wide belly belt carries the finished product to the stacking conveyor
- Impact resistant belt
- The Tub Cover is operated by remote control
Swing or Fixed Hammer Options: (Must choose one)
(40) Swing Hammers
(20) Fixed Hammers
Screen Options: (Must choose one)
Screen 1" Hole 1/2" Thick Hardox w/ Doubler
Screen 1 1/2" Hole 1/2" Thick Hardox w/ Doubler
Screen 2" Hole 1" Thick
Screen 3" Hole 1" Thick
Screen 4" Hole 1" Thick
Screen 4 3/4" x 7" Hole 1" Thick
Screen 6" x 9" Hole 1" Thick
Hitch Options: (Must choose one)
Fifth Wheel Hitch Air Brakes W/Fifth Wheel Hitch
Fifth Wheel Hitch Air Brakes W/Goose Neck Hitch
Discharge Conveyor Drive Roller: (Must choose one)
Top Drive Roller
Magnetic Roller 21' 6" Conveyor
Remote Control Option: (Must choose one)
No Remote Control
6 Function Tub: Start, Stop, Rev Cnvyr: Up, Down Eng: Kill
6 Function plus Cover: Raise, Lower
An operational characteristic of all grinders is that objects may be thrown out of the tub. Tub Covers reduce the risk of potential injury or property damage from thrown objects. Proper use of the Tub Cover provides the operator with a means to help control the area over which thrown objects may fall. Combined with a decrease in the percentage of objects thrown from the tub, the Tub Cover is an effective means of reducing risk to personnel and property.
|Total||20,840 lbs. (9,542.86 kg)|
|Transport Width||8 ft. 6 in. (2.59 m)|
|Transport Length||27 ft. 5 in. (8.36 m)|
|Transport Height w/ Tub Cover||129.85 in. (329.82 cm)|
|ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION|
|Engine||Caterpillar 325 HP C9 Electronic Diesel|
|Clutch||PT Tech HPTO-12|
|Governor||Electro-Hydraulic Load Sensing|
|Safety Switches||Safety Shutdown|
|Axle||25,000 lbs. (11,339 kg) Single Axle|
|Electrical||12 volt machine|
|Tires||(4) 255/70R X 22.5|
|Tounge Weight||6,000 lbs. (2,727 kg) Pintle Hitch|
|Fuel Capacity||100 Gallons (378.5 Liters)|
|Hydraulic Oil Capacity||50 Gallons (189.3 Liters)|
|Tub Width||9 ft. 6-3/8 in. (2.91 m) at Flare|
|Depth||3 ft. 4 in. (1.02 m)|
|Tub Diameter at Base||7 ft. 6 in. (2.27 m)|
|Tub Wall||3/16 in. (.476 cm) Thick|
|Tub Floor||1/4 in.(.635 cm) Thick|
|Tub Drive||Hydraulic Orbit Motor|
|Tub Speed Sensor||Electronic Self Governing|
|Discharge Conveyor||21 ft. 6 in. (6.55 m) Long Top Drive X 24 in. (60.96 cm) Wide|
|Belly Conveyor||30 in. (76.2 cm) Wide /w a V Cleat|
|Hammers||20 Fixed Single Bolt Hammers, or 36 Swing Hammers|
|Length||40 in. (101.6 cm)|
|Cylinder Shaft||4-1/2 in. (11.43 cm) Stress Proof Steel|
|Cylinder Plates||16 in. (40.64 cm) Diameter X 1-1/2 in. (3.81cm) Thick|
|Hammermill Opening||41 in. (104.14 cm) X 25 in. (63.5 cm)|
|Screens||1 in. (2.54 cm) Thick Split Screens|
|Hammer Rods||1-1/2 in. (3.81 cm) Diameter|
|Bearings||3-1/2 in. (8.89 cm) Pillow Block Bearings|
|Hammermill Drive||Direct Drive Torque Limiter|